Molecular Genetics Analyst
Recombine is advancing personalized medicine by translating developments from the fields of genomics and computer science into cost-effective, cutting-edge genetic diagnostics. We develop new products in a way that is ethically upstanding, medically meaningful, clinically actionable, and practically useful for patients and providers. Our first product, CarrierMap, helps identify couples at risk of passing a genetic disease to their children, and is currently being provided to thousands of patients around the world through our network of physicians. Our company was founded by experts in fertility, clinical genetics, bioinformatics and computer science brought together with one goal in mind: to improve health outcomes based on actionable and responsible genetic testing.
What You Will Be Doing
- Primer design and review sanger sequencing data
- Curate and interpret variants to select for testing from scientific literature
- Review variants from assay results and cluster analysis
- Communicate implications of scientific literature to members of bioinformatics, clinical, and product teams.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Genetics and/or Bioinformatics
- Strong background in molecular genetics
- Ability to read, interpret, and concisely summarize scientific literature
- Experience accessing and utilizing variant and medical literature databases
- Experience designing primers and interpreting sanger results
- Experience/strong knowledge of basic biotech laboratory protocols (ie. PCR, Sanger Sequencing)
- Strong knowledge of microarray genotyping technology and/or sequencing.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Participate and contribute to an environment where collaboration & cross-over of domain expertise (genomics, computer science, medicine, data-science, finance, clinical genetics) helps to drive an industry forward to improve healthcare.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and matching 401(k).